Some one was asking me recently what my favorite book podcasts are and I thought I’d put together this list. If any one has any more suggestions I’d be happy to include them. They are in general order of interest.
- La Estaction Azul – A Spanish language podcast from Spain.
- Writers and Company – A Canadian author interview program that has a lot of in depth with conversations with international authors.
- The Guardian Books podcast – from the Guardian UK. My window onto the UK.
- Book Worm – Once and a while the host’s questions are a little long, but he always has interesting things to say.
- Three Percent Podcast – This is the podcast from Open Letter books. It can go completely off topic and sound like grad students doing their own podcast, but it’s fun and usually insightful. Quite a bit about the industry.
- Writer’s Cast – Half of the shows are about the book publishing industry, the others are interviews with authors. In general they are all quite interesting.
- The Next Chapter – A Canadian books podcast. Not as good as Writers and Company which is more literary, but nice look out side of the US.
- NY Times books podcast – I don’t care much about the best sellers section at the end, but it has its moments.
- Scotts Whay Hae! – I haven’t listened to this one much yet, but it’s about Scottish books.
- PRI’s World in Words – Another recompilation of public radio stories about books, language and other things you can put in books.
- NPR Books – A Recompilation of books topics from NPR shows.
- El Ojo Critico – Another Spanish language show from Spain. It isn’t exclusively a book show, but it does have lots of book coverage.
- Your suggestions here…