The Daily Mirror, the LA Times blog about LA and LA Times history, has been running a great series on Raymond Chandler on the 50th anniversary of his death. There are some great bits they have found.
- A lost kinesocope of the Long Good-Bye with Dick Powell. I’d love to see that one.
- An interview with Chandler and James M Cain where the reporter says Chandler doesn’t drink. I doubt that one.
- An article on the stars who played Marlowe.
- Review of Farewell My Lovely in the Times.
- Review of the Big Sleep.
- A 1987 look at the geography in his stories. Only really good if you know LA, which I do.